While binge watching one of my favorite relatable movies the other night, “Single Moms Club”. I became inspired to share five of my must have safety tips on celebrating solo, or sometimes referred to as dolo.
Oftentimes, we as single Moms get bogged down in the funk of picking up the pieces for our so-called absent parent, forgetting to enjoy one of life’s most celebrated moments.
So ladies, rather than sit at home alone, go out and absorb the spirit of new beginnings. Stay safe, get your glam on and enjoy what the night has to offer.
1) Secure a babysitter: Choose that special someone to take care of your children, someone who won’t be out of sorts if the evening lingers well into the next morning.
2) Pick your holiday venue: One word seriously, ✴UPSCALE✴ I’ve always felt comfortable going out solo to a local upscale spot. Select a place offering lots of ambiance, laughter, art, as well as diversity.
3) The infamous outfit: This may very well be the most important of all five tips. Select your outfit based on what type of people you hope to attract. Keep it age appropriate, sexy, trendy and fun.
4) Choose your transportation: Take into consideration traffic will be out of control, in addition to an over abundance of state troopers on the road. Do yourself a favor, with all the holiday cheer ahead for the night, set up a Uber or Lyft ride. You can always secure a designated driver, or maybe you feel comfortable driving on New Year’s Eve, in that case I would highly recommend taking advantage of the venues valet parking. For me, I love the thought of not parking two blocks away, then strutting down the street in my sexy club throw down heels…
5) Smile: Ladies, never underestimate the power of a beautiful smile. After arriving with all of your holiday awesomeness intact, mingle around inside until you find that comfortable spot giving you 100% visibility. Order your favorite cocktail -or- a no thank you alcoholic beverage, sit back and watch some real magic happen!!! ~DakotaVibe
Author: Dakota Somerville
Photo Credit: Google Images